This online chatroom requires no registration. If you would like to use the chatroom with a nickname or you would like to video chat, then you will have to signup for a profile; registration is quick and free! Once registered, you will be able to enter this chatroom with your chosen registered username. Don't be shy! Feel free to join in on the discussion.
General Chat Room Information:
A chat room is a place on the internet where groups of people with similar interests can get together and chat online. Chat rooms are a great place to meet new people and communicate with known contacts; because of it’s great convenience. How chat rooms work is one person sends a message from their computer to a whole group of people via the World Wide Web; although private messages can be sent to an individual person via “whisper” and “dcc”. These typed messages appear instantly to the receiver in the chat room unlike message boards (forums). People of all ages (18's, 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's etc.) use chat rooms to communicate with friends and meet new and interesting people from around the world (Canada, United States, UK, New Zealand, Australia, Brazil, India, China etc.). Chat rooms can be a good learning tool because of the vast exposure to excellent information resources of different cultures from different regions around the world and the diversity of different skilled people from around the globe that are available on a regular basis. There are two major types of chat rooms these are HTML chat rooms and java chat rooms. It seems that java chat rooms are more widely popular when the two are compared because there are hundreds of java chat networks but only a few ActiveX chat network. Chat rooms may contain moderators which control the sanity of the chat room (also known as Hosts). Most Java chat rooms do not contain moderators, chat rooms usually need moderation from spammers (posting links to other websites), Flooders (typing mass messages really fast which could lead to lag and is very annoying), Profanity (curses being spouted out in the chat room may offended a lot of chatters), Caps (Chatters using ALL CAPS in their messages often gets very annoying), Harassment (Harassment should not be tolerated any where not just in the chat room) and just general disruptive behavior.
Chat Room Positives:
- Chat Rooms are an easy and convenient way for people around the world to meet, communicate and share information with each other.
- Often a very fun pass time to drown out though boring times.
- Most of the time a free way of communicating without paying long distance bills
What should I do to protect myself?
- Use a nickname that does not reflect your real name.
- Do not use all or part of your birthday, social security number, or any other identifiable number in your nickname.
- Select a member name that implies your gender but doesn't reveal too much personal information.
- Do not include personal information in your member profile.
- Turn off the option that let's other see your E-mail address.
- Never give out online personal information i/e: Credit Card numbers, Social Security Number, address, phone number, etc.
- When arranging the first real life meeting with someone you met online, be certain it's a public setting.
- Everything you read online may not be true. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Proper Chat Room Etiquette
Etiquette - the code of ethical behavior regarding professional practice or action among the members of a profession in their dealings with each other.
Many individual chat room owners enforce chat room etiquette. It's good practice to get to know what rules a chat room owner has set for chatters so you don't get removed from the chat room. If you show proper chat room etiquette you will enjoy many hours of chatting fun.
Things to do
- Find out if a particular chat room has its own chat room rules, we suggest you message a chat room host and politely ask for a list of chat room rules. If you don’t get an answer from the chat room host, kindly ask another chat room participant for a list of chat room rules.
- Do not threaten, harass, say unwanted sexual comments to other members; this will for surly make you unpopular and BANNED from the chat room.
- Avoid using users real names In the chat room, for example “hey Bob what is up”; instead call the user by his chat room nickname.
- Try to introduce yourself to the chat room upon joining using the age, sex and location “lingo”(asl). Never use your home address for a location use either your country, state/province and or city or town.
- If you're trying to ask another user a question - do not just ask the question to the whole chat room, please address the question to that user by using their screen name in the question. ex. chatlover: What is your favorite chat room?
- Prevent direct confrontations with other chat room users, if you have any problems with another chatter private message a chat room host. Please be patient after the support request. If you don’t get the help you need either use the chat rooms ignore feature to block out a certain user totally or leave the chat room and seek another one.
- To get a feel for how a chat room operates, try "lurking" - observing the room without making any entries for a while before offering your own comments.
- When joining a chat room, get a feel on how the chat room operates by watching how other users interact and what they do. Also if there is no chat room users in the room try waiting around until more chat room users join.
- Don't type the same sentence, word or phrase into the chat room over and over again. This is called "scrolling" and is heavily frowned upon by chat room users and hosts.
link to this page:
Free Chat |
Online Chat Room |
Singles Chat |
Local Chat |
Local Dating Advantages |
Beginners Guide to Online Dating |
Chat Room History